|The AOM Teaching and Learning Committee is seeking volunteers for the next Teaching and Learning Conference (TLC), an all-Academy "conference within a conference" committed to advancing the practice of teaching.
Launched in 2013 with the support of the Academy of Management Board as a sponsored strategic project, this conference has proven to be a great success with increasing levels of interest as the years have progressed. The 2016 and 2017 conferences had more than 450 attendees!
The TLC Committee is searching for additional volunteers with a passion for teaching and the ability to invest time throughout the year to assist with the tasks required to make this conference a continuing success. Volunteers will serve a one-year term beginning in November 2017 and concluding in August 2018 as At-Large members, with the potential to become Communication Co-Chair in the future. All volunteers should be able to commit a total of 80 to 100 hours throughout the year.
The TLC Committee is interested in applicants who meet the following selection criteria:
1. An earned doctorate in one of the following disciplines (management, strategy, operations, human resource management, organizational behavior, leadership, entrepreneurship) from an accredited doctoral program or an internationally renowned university;
2. A minimum of 5 years of teaching in a university classroom;
3. Previous experience as an editorial review board member for a scholarly or teaching journal, or a minimum of three years’ experience as a reviewer for a journal, a scholarly conference, or the Teaching and Learning Conference;
4. A commitment to attend the annual Academy of Management conference and all relevant TLC meetings that take place at the AOM conference (pre-conference meetings and post-conference meetings);
5. A commitment to participate in conference calls throughout the year to discuss TLC conference details and to be accessible electronically without large gaps in time;
6. A willingness to serve as a reviewer for the TLC, contribute to article submissions for the AcadeMY Newsletter, and provide feedback in a timely manner on conference-related issues;
7. A commitment to be available and to work with the TLC Committee throughout the entire day of the Teaching and Learning Conference on activities such as assisting at the registration table, monitoring sessions to ensure presenters keep to their designated time frame, assisting speakers with room issues, etc.;
8. Attendance at one or more of the previous Teaching & Learning Conferences;
9. A commitment to working within the TLC Committee in a collegial, collaborative, timely, and participative manner.
The deadline for submitting your application is Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. EST (US). Please send a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria by number as listed above and also attach a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “TLC Application” in the subject line. We appreciate your attention to detail in writing your cover letter using the numerical listing of the selection criteria described above. Kindly understand that applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed, nor will applications that fail to address the numbered criteria in the order listed above.
Appointment to the committee is made by the AOM TLC Committee Leadership Team in consultation with the Academy of Management Board of Directors.
The TLC Committee Leadership Team